It also termed as blood letting. Mostly the impurities of blood are lowered through this process. It is done by two methods.
1. JALAUKA ( Leech application ) :- mostly; for pitta dushit rakta, leeches are used. Also when there is local skin patch; jalauka are used.
2. SYRINGING METHOD :- when the blood in the whole body is affected by vitiated doshas; syringing method is recommended.
Raktamokashan is used in diseases e.g. stomatitis, herpes zoaster, glaucoma, pruritis, itching, skin disorders, burning sensation in whole body / bodypart.
As per device usage there are eight types:-
7. Pracchan karma ( multiple incisions )
8. Vigharshan ( scrapping ).
Benefits of Raktamokshana :-
- All organs & systems are benefited.
- Vitiated & abnorma pitta & kapha dosha in blood are reduced.
- Local circulation of blood in body parts is accelerated.
- The diseases which are not responding to oral medications are benefited by raktamokshana.
Indications of Raktamokshana :-
- Recurrent stomatitits, Submucos fibrosis.
- Burning sensation of feet, local bodypart.
- Calcanial spur / pain, heel pain.
- Tubeculosis of knee.
- Spleenomegaly, liver cirrhosis.
- Redness of eyes.
- Glaucoma – raised pressure of eyes.
- Herpes zoaster.
- Abdominal or other cyst, cellulitis.
- All skin disease, discolouration of skin.
- Itching, priritis, non healing ulcers.
- Frequent thirst.
- Metallic or salty taste in mouth.
- Burning sensation of body / bodypart.
- Gout, inflammation of joints.
- Recurrent boils, cellulitis, etc.